Albert in Bryce Canyon

Albert in Bryce Canyon
Self Portrait, May 2007

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Hangin' with the twins....



I am sitting here in DC with my twin nieces. They are awesome and very well behaved. They even sleep through the night, sometimes for 12 hours straight with only a break for feedings.

We have a nanny that takes care of the three babies. That includes me!

I am in constant pain now. I am weak and lost even more weight. I am off 50 lbs off my 2007 high of about 200lbs. Now, I have even registered ~150lbs on the scale. I cannot sit up straight because of pain. I spend most of my time horizontal like the girls.

It's odd how I eat my meals. I eat lying down, often on the rug or in bed. I am making do until my chemo Tuesday. Hopefully it will start fixing me.

We have a new massage chair, zero gravity chair and a memory foam bed that adjusts. These are all attempts to make me comfortable and able to function a little better. It is nice to be able to sit reclined, with my laptop and watch TV again. It seems like such a luxury! Looks like I will be spending less time on the floor...

albert

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Albert,
Thank you for the precious photo of you and the twins. All three of you look beautiful and peaceful.
Know that you and your family continue to hold high places in our hearts and prayers.
Did you ever hear that you can "offer pain up" to make a big difference in the lives of others, the world, not to mention your own immortal soul? Some say pain is a precious coin, more valuable than gold, when given to God. Yes, there is a God, and He's always with you, even and maybe especially in pain. He's with us as we hurt for others and hurt for you.
If you know Jesus, then the value of pain becomes obvious. It's a mystery why it happened as it did, but salvation came through Jesus's pain. Please don't waste yours. No one wants pain or wants you to have it, but if you gotta, then make it count please for all our sakes.
May you be blessed now and forever.

Cristin said...

Albert,

I am so sorry to hear that you are in such pain. I never said anything back in oh, was it December that I saw you last, but I have always admired the optimism and grace that you have approached this disease with. I know that I would not handle the same situation nearly as well, and you truly are inspirational. I know for a fact that others feel the same way.

You are in my prayers, both for strength in the battle you are fighting, and that you are able to find comfort, and relief from the pain you are in.

Cristin

Anonymous said...

We are all thinking of you as you undergo chemo. We miss you! Thanks for sharing the picture of you with the twins - TOO CUTE!

A

Unknown said...

So glad you're getting quality time with your family and the nieces. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Sending big hugs your way!

Anonymous said...

You look so peaceful with those adorable baby girls! May their sweet smiles and laughter bring you peace....when the pain is unbearable. Sending you so much hugs & love!
Joyce

Anonymous said...

You are with worthy company, I'd say. Thank you for the pic and update. ABSOLUTE BEST wishes and giant HUGS to you, Al.

Natasha